SEAT PLEASANT, Md. - A woman was killed in an early morning fire inside her home on the day after Thanksgiving in Prince George’s County.
The fire was reported at around 3:15 a.m. in the 6800 block of Wilburn Drive in Seat Pleasant.
When firefighters arrived at the home, they located 80-year-old Elaine James in the first floor unconscious. She was taken to a local trauma center where she was pronounced dead.
James' son was also in the home during the fire and was able to get outside by himself. He was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Two firefighters suffered burn injuries while battling the fire. They were taken to the burn unit at MedStar Washington Hospital Center where they were treated and later released.
The fire at the home was put out within 20 minutes after firefighters arrived, officials say.
Investigators say the fire was determined to be accidental and started in the area of the stove in the kitchen of the house. The home suffered an estimated damage of $150,000.
Fire officials say there were no working smoke alarms inside the house.