Want to know more about Light the Night? Here are some FAQs from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
WHAT IS LIGHT THE NIGHT?
Light The Night is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) annual evening fundraising Walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by blood cancer. Every fall, more than 200 communities across North America come together for these inspirational and memorable Walks.
Each October, the National Capital Area Chapter of LLS hosts three Light The Night events in Northern Virginia, Montgomery County, and Washington, D.C. Friends, families, and co-workers form fundraising teams, and millions of consumers help by donating at retail outlets. These efforts fund lifesaving research and programs for people battling cancer.
WHY SHOULD I GET INVOLVED?
To support LLS’s mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Light The Night is a fun, family-friendly event, and a great way to bring colleagues, family, and friends together in support of an important cause.
Anyone can get involved! In 2016, more than 12,000 people participated in the National Capital Area Light The Night. Corporate sponsors, company walk teams, and friends & family teams joined together to raise more than $3.1 million to support blood cancer research and benefit patient aid.
JOINING LIGHT THE NIGHT IS EASY!
1. Form a team! Register at: http://www.lightthenight.org/nca
2. Set up a meeting with our Light The Night team for great tips on how to get started. Call us today at 703-399-2941.
3. Fundraise! Our average participant raises $350 for our mission, while many go on to become Bright Lights by raising $1,000 or more. Fundraising incentives are available at many levels!
4. Get your company involved. We have great opportunities for corporate involvement, including: Corporate Sponsorships, Company Walk Teams, Retail Partnerships, In-Kind Donations
5. Volunteer: The success of our participants depend on the help of enthusiastic volunteers. Opportunities include our Executive Committee, event-day volunteers, and in-office administrative support.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Call the Light The Night staff at 703-399-2941 to get started! Or register at: http://www.lightthenight.org/nca